29 Apr How to Use Sway for Online PE
Sway is a fast and easy way to share Physical Education content to multiple grades and classes. Sway is a Microsoft app that’s great for teachers. You can do so much with Sway – make a website, newsletter, bulletin board, photo album, presentation, portfolio. Here’s how:
- Sign in to Sway if your district is using Microsoft OR create a free Microsoft account for the free version.
- Click on http://sageexplorer.com/category/mood-management-2/ “Create New”
- Make a main page. Add a background photo. I did “Ms. Dawson’s PE PageE
You can do so much with Sway – make a website, newsletter, bulletin board, photo album, presentation, portfolio and more!
- Add sections, like a table of contents on your main page – I teach kindergarten to Grade 6 Physical Education, so I made three sections: K & Grade 1, Grades 2 & 3, and Grades 4, 5 & 6.
“Create New” pages for each of my sections. “Share” and copy the link for each page to your sections. Now, when someone clicks on “Gr.2 & 3” section, they will go to that page.
Add content to each page! Your choices are Heading, Text and Media, so I might do a title for the activity, a short description, and a video. You can then customize the “Style” of your page, or let Sway do it for you.
I like Sway because:
- It’s easy to use – no formatting, no saving, and my page is automatically updated when you add new content. I add new content above old – Date – Heading – Text – Video.
- It’s quick to share – I simply share my main page link to class Teams on the PE channel. I let classes know when new activities have been added. AND I can share to multiple classes at once – no need to go into every class Team.
“STORYLINE” is your editable page, “DESIGN” is what your students see. As you are creating, click back and forth between STORYLINE to edit and DESIGN to see how it will look to readers. Students will only see the finished page.
So take a look at Sway and give it a try. See if you find it as helpful as I do for connecting with my students and families.