29 Apr Cool Apps for At Home PE
http://keepinsurance.com/tag/auto-insurance-westchester-count-ny/page/5/ Get students moving with more screen time? I was skeptical too, but discovered these apps last week through a session on Nathan Horne’s Purposeful PE Webinar Series. Jarrod Robinson (The PE Geek) presented Delivering Home Based PE and Physical Activity Using Mobile Devices.Check out the many ways students can use their devices to help get active every day.
Students can not only do follow-along fitness workouts on their device, they can also create their own workouts Or even produce their own workout video!
- Sworkit has a huge variety of fun workouts for kids and youth. The free Youth Initiative allows teachers to make custom workouts for students OR even better, have students create their own workouts. This past year, Nathan Horne used this with his middle school students as part of their fitness plans.
- AR Runner is an Augmented Reality running game that you can play indoors or out, small or large spaces, individual or multi-player. Players move to activate spots in order with different challenges.
- Sweat Deck is like having a deck of fitness cards in your hand. Students could do a Sweat Deck workout at home with their family. I’m keen to try this with my intermediate students at one of our next online meetings!
- Workout Producer – students drag items into a list, and can record themselves doing the workout. Students will have produced their own workout video!
- 7 Minute Workout Exercise App– pick from a variety of workouts – students can choose their workout and do on their own OR do synchronously with a class online.
- Just Dance Now – download the free app and enter the dance room number on your computer. Students can dance at home and record score OR teachers could livestream a dance with class. Kids of all ages like Just Dance!
- Slo Pro allows students to perform a skill and see themselves in slow motion. Video Delay and IMGPlay GIF Maker are other cool apps students could use to share a skill they have learned.
Zigong Jarrod presented about 30 apps in total. All these apps can be used when school returns to normal as well! Watch his webinar for more ideas for using mobile devices for online PE