Physical & Health Education in British Columbia (PHE BC) is a Provincial Specialist Association (PSA) with membership comprised of individuals whose interest and/or teaching areas relates to PE and includes elementary, middle and secondary educators. We provide professional development, leadership, advocacy and resources for teachers of physical education.
A province where all students are prepared to lead healthy, physically active lives.
WHAT WE DO
- Support one annual provincial conference – October Provincial Pro-D Day
- Provide workshop contacts and information
- Support teachers teaching physical education using the current curriculum and help teachers become aware and support implementation of current Regional and National initiatives in Physical Education.
Advocacy and Leadership
We are your voice for physical education in BC schools. We liaise with:
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Health
- Physical and Health Education Canada (PHC)
- Provincial PE Associations
- Local and other PSAs within the BCTF
- PACs, BCPVPA, Trustees
- Provide feedback to Ministry of Education on Physical Education policies
- Interact with the media and answer queries regarding Physical Education issues in BC schools
The objectives of this association shall be:
- To promote physical and health education in the Province of British Columbia
- To support and promote active living through Quality Daily Physical Education, Physical Literacy and Health Initiatives.
- To provide professional development in the areas of physical, health and outdoor education.
- To encourage the formation of Local Chapter/ Specialist Associations (LSA) in order to establish a strong professional physical and health education organization.
- To publish newsletters (electronic and or paper) in pursuit of the purposes of the Association.
The PHEBC Constitution can be found HERE.
Annual General Meeting
The PHEBC AGM takes place at the Provincial Pro-D Day at Douglas College.
Check back for more information.